An airport seating manufacturer from Bude was named Business of the Year at last night’s Cornwall Business Awards.
Zoeftig beat 12 other contenders to the coveted Winner of Winners mantle, having earlier in the evening collected the Most Creative Use of Design and Best International Business trophies.
Guest presenter at the glittering St Mellion International event, former Olympic runner Roger Black MBE, said: “This is an exciting time to be a business in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. The county is in the process of rolling out a superfast broadband programme which will make it one of the best connected places in the world.
Cornwall Development Company chief executive Suzanne Bond added: “It has been another spectacular evening, drawing attention to some really great business achievements – often under difficult trading conditions.
“In particular, it bodes well for Cornwall’s future to see so many first-timers joining the familiar faces among tonight’s winners and nominees.”
Full list of winners
- Winner of Winners – Zoeftig
- Young Enterprise – Divided, Richard Lander School, Truro
- Most Creative Use of Design – Zoeftig
- Young Business Person of the Year – Dan Parker, Firetext
- Best New Business in Cornwall – The Vine, Wadebridge
- Best Third Sector Business – WREN, renewable energy collective, Wadebridge
- Customer Focus – Mounts Bay Veterinary Centre
- Employer of the Year – Pall (Newquay)
- Best International Business – Zoeftig
- Best use of Superfast Broadband – Continental Underfloor Heating
- Business Leader of the Year – Mathew Lugg, MJL Group
- Excellence in Marketing – TRAC Services
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Sarah Trethowan, TRAC Services
- Most Dynamic Growth Business – Frugi
- Best Diversification – Gripsure
- Best Innovation of the Year – Clayworks