Accountancy firm Bishop Fleming has underlined its commitment to responsible business practices in its second annual Responsible Business Impact Report.
The report underscores the firm’s ongoing commitment to fostering a sustainable future while highlighting key achievements, acknowledging challenges and mapping future objectives across three core areas: Healthy Business, Healthy Communities, and Healthy Environment.
Key achievements outlined in the 2023 report include:
- Nurturing talent: The firm achieved another record intake of apprentices and earned the 14th position in the prestigious 2022 Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers in the UK, reaffirming its dedication to nurturing talent.
- Advancing gender equality: Bishop Fleming has been listed among the UK’s Best Workplaces for Women in the category of large organisations, reflecting its commitment to gender equality and diversity.
- Embracing social mobility: Bishop Fleming has made significant strides in championing social mobility, investing in their employee wellbeing, advancing education and skills development, and enhancing the environment.
- Environmental stewardship: Bishop Fleming has now calculated its carbon footprint for the second consecutive year and is redefining its environmental objectives to reduce its impact on the environment.
- Growing a healthy, sustainable business: Bishop Fleming celebrated another year of double-digit growth, marked by the opening of its eighth office in Cheltenham and the achievement of surpassing 500 staff members for the first time.
In line with its commitment to responsible business, Bishop Fleming is an active member of Business in the Community (BITC), the largest and longest-established business-led membership organisation dedicated to responsible business practices. The firm utilises BITC’s responsible business framework to implement actions contributing to the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Fleur Lewis, partner and responsible business lead at Bishop Fleming, stated: “Being a responsible business is central to our Better Growth strategy and underpins our ambition and values as we look to a long-term sustainable future. We’re humbled by our achievements, but we’re mindful of the challenges. It’s a collective effort, and together, we will continue to progress.”
To further strengthen its focus on responsible business, Bishop Fleming has appointed Ewan McClymont to the newly-created role of head of responsible business. McClymont will spearhead the firm’s responsible business strategy and key future objectives.
He said: “We’re on a journey, and I’m proud to be taking on a new leadership role to make it even better. We have much to learn and I’m very much looking forward to building on the progress made.”
To view Bishop Fleming’s Impact Report, click here.