Business is Better in Person
After years of being stuck behind a screen, it’s never felt better doing business in person and train travel offers a sustainable solution for your company.
At Great Western Railway, we understand that managing travel across a business can be complex. So, we have developed a platform that will help you stay on top of your spending, enable limits to be set for colleagues and we won’t even charge you booking fees.
When travelling with GWR, you and your colleagues can expect to work on the go, with Wi-Fi onboard all GWR trains and at stations. A refreshment trolley on high-speed services is available and if you fancy travelling First Class, you will find First Class lounges in Paddington, Cardiff, Penzance, and Truro, which provide the perfect rest and re-fuel stop before boarding the train.
Research by Rail Delivery Group identifies that taking the train cuts carbon emissions by two thirds compared to traveling by car. Therefore, not only can colleagues work as they travel, but they can help to cut the company’s carbon footprint as well.
Benefits of signing up to Business Direct include:
- No booking fees
- Tickets, routing, itineraries and reservations for train journeys across the UK (not just GWR)
- Customisable reporting and detailed travel expenditure reports
- Add users with authority to book tickets at thresholds you set
- Season tickets also available to purchase on the business direct booking tool*
- Simple ticket collection as an e-ticket, from a Ticket Machine or posted First Class for free **
- Easy payments by credit card or monthly by direct debit***
For more information visit GWR.com/BusinessDirect
To open a Business Direct account, please email the team at: gwrbusinessdirect@GWR.com, or call 03457 000 125.
*Photocards must accompany season tickets
**e-tickets delivered as a PDF
***annual £275 fee charged when paying by direct debit