The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has announced its 2022 regional award winners.
Some of the most impressive recent building projects from the local area are on the list, including Bodmin Hotel & Visitor Attraction which won the Refurbishment/Revitalisation Project category and Featherbeds, which took the Residential Project category.
James Wakeham FRICS, chair of the judging panel, said: “These winning projects are a true testament to the hard work of property professionals in the south west. The pandemic has led to the industry facing much uncertainty and challenging conditions, but we were delighted, and very proud, to see such innovative building projects appearing across our cities and towns.”
Winners in the south west:
- Commercial Development: Ada Lovelace Building, Exeter
- Community Benefit: East Quay arts centre, Watchet, Somerset
- Heritage: The Elizabethan House, Plymouth, Devon
- Public Sector Project: Riverside Community Centre, Bovey Tracey
- Refurbishment/Revitalisation Project: The Bodmin Jail Hotel & Visitor Attraction, Bodmin
- Residential Project: Featherbeds, Cornwall