The deadline for entries for Cornwall’s biggest business plan competition, Ignite, is less than one month away.
The Ignite Business Plan Competition, supported by Convergence investment and Cornwall’s business community, is open to any Cornish business looking to grow and develop their business or business idea.
A truly impressive prize fund is up for grabs for the winning business, including European grant funding of up to £25k from Oxford Innovation.
The competition has received interest from more than 120 entrepreneurs so far and organisers expect more businesses to enter as the deadline approaches.
Oxford Innovation’s competition manager, Leo Dunne, said: “Last year was the first time a competition like this has taken place in Cornwall and we were astounded by the level of interest and the calibre of entries. Our judges had a hard task in shortlisting ten finalists and then selecting the overall winner and I have no doubt it will be just as difficult this year.”
Between eight and twelve entries will be shortlisted during April and the overall winner will be selected and announced at the grand final on May 5, after a full day of presentations and Dragons’ Den-style pitches.
Judging will be carried out by an independent panel which will include, Richard Gardiner, director of business development at Foot Anstey Solicitors; Richard Wadman from Winter Rule; Dave Rickett, creative director at Creative Edge; Pirate FM MD Beverley Warne; and Richard Scutt, manager of the Pool Innovation Centre.
The full Ignite 2011 prize fund includes:
- Up to £25,000 European cash grant from Oxford Innovation
- Radio Marketing Campaign through Pirate FM
- Business and finance advice from Winter Rule
- Legal advice from Foot Anstey Solicitors
- Brand, design or web services with Creative Edge
- Website development through Net Insight
- One year’s free office space in the Formation Zone at Pool Innovation Centre
- Special feature on the winner in Business Cornwall magazine
- Human resources support from Tamar HR
Full details of the competition and how to enter, click here. All entries must be received by Thursday March 31.