The achievements of Cornwall schools and colleges will once again be celebrated in the Cornwall Teacher Awards 2017.
Following on from the inaugural event in April this year, the organisers, EMPRA are keen to make next year’s even bigger and better.
Nikki Baron, business development director at the education marketing firm said: “It was such a great event, we had sponsors on the night asking to be involved in the 2017 event.”
Confirmed sponsors for 2017 include; Truro and Penwith College, Cornwall College, University of Exeter and West Briton.
Baron has been working with sponsors, and representatives from Cornwall’s schools to make sure that the categories on offer are the ones that schools and colleges want to see.
She said: “We’ve booked the Cathedral for the 21st April 2017 and we’ve relaunched the website – incorporating the new categories – if any organisations would like to get involved with the awards, please get in touch. The earlier sponsors work with us, the better experience they have.”
The West Briton is sponsoring the Lifetime Achievement Award; editor Dave Thomas said: “I am genuinely pleased that we’re involved in this again; it was such a wonderful, emotional evening.
“Whether you are a teacher, a pupil or a parent, this exciting and prestigious event is your chance to salute our educators as we aim to find and celebrate the very best.”
The Awards are free to enter and are open to those working in nursery, primary, secondary, special and independent schools and colleges across Cornwall.
The organisers have finalised the 17 categories and welcome nominations from staff, governors, parents, students and others in the community – they are:
- Headteacher of the Year – Primary
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year- sponsored by Truro & Penwith College
- Outstanding NQT of the Year – sponsored by The University of Exeter
- Teaching Assistant of the Year
- School of the Year – Primary
- School of the Year – Secondary – sponsored by Cornwall College
- Headteacher of the Year – Secondary
- Employer Engagement Initiative of The Year
- Education Support Worker of the Year
- Student Nominated Teacher of the Year
- Student Wellbeing Initiative of The Year
- School Governor of the Year
- Special Educational Needs Teacher of the Year
- FE Lecturer of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award – sponsored by West Briton
Among this year’s winners were Pool Academy, who scooped four awards, the Cornwall College Group, Little Learners from Gulval and Torpoint Community College.
Voting is now open please visit http://cornwallteacherawards.org