The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is launching a series of road shows across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to give businesses “a real say” in the development of the new economic strategy.
Entitled ‘Tell Us’, a series of 15 events will travel across Cornwall from Bude in the north, down to the Isles of Scilly in the west.
LEP chairman Chris Pomfret said: “For the first time, we have a chance to create a local economic strategy which is really driven by businesses and reflects what our local businesses want. These road shows are an opportunity for businesses to have their voice heard.”
Chris Ridgers, cabinet member for economy and regeneration at Cornwall Council and a board member on the LEP, added: “This is an incredibly exciting time for Cornwall, with new developments such as superfast broadband and the Newquay Enterprise Zone about to transform the opportunities for business.
“It is vital that we all work together to make the most of our potential and boost the economy so there are more jobs and more chances for everyone to have a better quality of life.”
The first road show, which kicks off at the Eden Project on November 25 (2.30pm-4.30pm), is designed especially for members of the voluntary sector, with the following 14 events open to all kinds of businesses across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- 2.30pm: The Eden Project
- 9.30am: Town Hall, Truro
- 2.30pm: Pool Innovation Centre
- 10am: Guildhall, Saltash
- 2.30pm: Town Hall, Launceston
- 6pm: Public Hall, Liskeard
- 9.30am: Tate, St Ives
- 2.30pm: Astro Centre, Penzance
- 6pm: Wesley Hall, Helston
- 9.30am: Shire House Suite, Bodmin
- 2.30pm: Bay Hotel, Newquay
- 8am: National Maritime Museum, Falmouth (booking esential via firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2.30pm: St Austell Brewery, St Austell
- 10.30am: Town Hall, Isles of Scilly
- 9.30am: Parkhouse Centre, Bude