As hospitality businesses prepare to reopen from July 4, Cornwall Council is hosting a series of live webinars this week giving advice and guidance to ensure they are Covid-safe.
More than 1,300 businesspeople have joined the free Back in Business webinars for specific sectors over the past month which give advice and allow questions to be asked on how to ensure social distancing and enhanced hygiene.
Seven more webinars will be held in the coming days, focusing on individual business types. Places are limited and need to be registered:
- Tuesday 30 June at 11am – Tourism: self-catering
• Tuesday 30 June at 2pm – Tourism: B&B and small guest houses
• Wednesday 1 July at 11am – Tourism: Hotels
• Wednesday 1 July at 2pm – Hairdressers and barbers
• Thursday 2 July at 11am – Pubs and restaurants
• Thursday 2 July at 2pm – Tourism: Holiday parks
• Friday 3 July at 11am – Tourism: Attractions and outdoor venues
Any businesses that can’t take part in the webinars can register to receive information from the sessions and are welcome to send questions in for the panel to answer.
There are also recordings of previous webinars available on office businesses, retail businesses, childcare settings excluding schools, food businesses, retail businesses and market traders, holiday accommodation, and hairdressing, beauty and tattoo.
Rob Nolan, Cornwall’s cabinet member for the environment and public protection, said: “Our free Back in Business webinars have been hugely popular with businesses across Cornwall and our feedback has been that they have been a real help for businesses getting back on their feet.”
All businesses are required to carry out a coronavirus risk assessment before opening their doors to ensure the safety of customers and staff.