The Truro Town Deal is looking for new members to join its board.
It is calling for leaders or developing leaders with the skills, confidence and the authority to bring their voice to the table in order to help shape and deliver the town investment plan and support the city’s regeneration.
In June 2021, Truro was awarded £23.6 million from the Government’s £3.6 billion Towns Fund. The money will help future proof the city while celebrating its unique character. Seven transformative projects are now entering their delivery phase.
Members of the Truro Town Deal Board are expected to:
- Actively engage with all stakeholders, but particularly with the private sector (including the social enterprise and third sector) and further and higher education institutions to capture and engage their interest and facilitate their activity in Truro.
- Champion and oversee the delivery of the Truro Town Investment Plan.
- To actively participate in at least 4 Board meetings per annum, providing expert advice, guidance, insight and challenge to Board discussions.
- Be prepared to Chair a relevant Board sub-committee or strategy implementation committee or similar, where necessary and appropriate.
- Help ensure the Truro Town Deal Board actively reflects the businesses and people of Truro.
To apply, please submit a covering letter outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role of the board members, as set out in the role description (two sides of A4 maximum) and a copy of your CV by Friday, March 31 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Read the Role Profile here.