Cornwall’s inaugural Tech Week gets underway tomorrow (December 4).
Organised by Software Cornwall and Cornwall College, Cornwall Tech Week (December 4-12) features a programme of events, all organised by volunteers to help bridge the skills gap and raise awareness of the digital industry.
- Polymer Workshop (9am Friday December 4, Tremough Campus). An all day dev fest on Google Polymer Web Components aimed at professional developers
- Computing CPD. (4.30pm Tuesday December 8, Truro College). Aimed at teachers of KS 1,2,3 and 4 this is a free workshop to help demystify the terminology of the new coding curriculum as well as giving them activities to take back to class.
- Lego Education at Eden. (9.30am Wednesday December 9, Eden Project). A workshop aimed at KS2 and KS3. Learn about Lego Wedo and Lego Mindstorm as well as building your confidence and skills with computing curriculum.
- Internet of Things (IoT) (9.30am Thursday December 10, Tremough Innovation Centre). A talk by Shane Mitchell about “entrepreneurship and the internet of things” and the opportunities for Cornwall based entrepreneurs.
- Computing CPD (4.30pm Thursday December 10, Bodmin College). Help demystify the terminology of the new coding curriculum as well as giving them activities to take back to class.
- Software Cornwall Community Meet (4pm Friday December 11, venue TBC). Community meetup, all welcome.
- Cornwall’s First Tech Jam (10am Saturday December 12, Bodmin College). A day of all things computing! No matter what your age come along and have a go at making something new and exciting- it could be a robot or a web site or something completely different. We can guarantee it will be an interesting and fun day!