Cornwall’s biggest business plan competition, Ignite, has announced the details of its free Winter Training Camps.
Ignite took place for the first time last year and organiser, Oxford Innovation, is calling for Cornish businesses to enter the competition, which has a prize value of more than £100k.
The Ignite Business Plan Competition, supported by ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) Convergence investment, is open to any Cornish business looking to grow and develop their business or business idea.
The Winter Training Camps, on January 18 and 25, are organised by Oxford Innovation and the Grow Cornwall team to help individuals develop their business plan ahead of entering the competition.
There are four half-day Winter Training Camps taking place at Pool Innovation Centre; two of the workshops will take place on 18 January and two more on 25 January. People can also watch the training sessions live via a webinar or they can be downloaded and viewed any time after the events.
The four workshops have been designed to give an insight into some of the areas people will need to think about when developing their own business plan. The workshops are open to everyone who might benefit from attending them, whether they have made the decision to start a business, are just thinking about it or are already trading.
People interested in attending any or all of the free Winter Training Camps or wishing to view the training via webinar should contact Emma Yates for a booking form.
Ignite 2011 is now open for entries and will close on the March 31. Judging will take place in April and the grand final will take place in May.
The Ignite 2011 prize fund includes:
- Up to £25,000 European cash grant from Oxford Innovation
- Radio Marketing Campaign through Pirate FM
- Business and finance advice from Winter Rule
- Legal advice from Foot Anstey Solicitors
- Brand, design or web services with Creative Edge
- Website design, development, e-commerce and conversion rate optimisation services through Net Insight
- One year’s free office space in the Formation Zone at Pool Innovation Centre
- Special feature on the winner in Business Cornwall Magazine
- Human resources support from Tamar HR