Frugi will finally be presented with its two Queen’s Awards for Enterprise at a ceremony to be held at its Helston HQ next week.

The children’s clothing company was awarded the accolades last year, but due to Covid has had to wait until now to formally receive them.

The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are among the most prestigious awards for UK businesses. Since their inception in 1965, over 7,000 companies have won a Queen’s Award. And Frugi won not just one, but two – being recognised for both Sustainable Development and International Trade.

Co-founder Lucy Jewson MBE, said: “Better late than never! We are delighted to be able to formally accept such a prestigious award. The business is growing at a phenomenal rate both nationally and internationally, which just indicates the global demand for well-designed organic and ethical clothing.

“We couldn’t be where we are without so many great customers, which is why we try to provide the best customer experience possible, whether you are in the UK, Germany, the US, or Iceland. It just makes sense.”

This is the second time that Frugi has won the Queen’s Award for International Trade. It first won the award back in 2014.

However, it marks the first time it has been awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development, highlighting the brand’s sustainable leadership credentials and innovation in areas such as packaging and stakeholder engagement. Currently, 90% percent of its clothes are manufactured from Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS) certified organic cotton and the remaining 10% are outerwear and accessories made from recycled post-consumer PET plastic bottles.

The awards will officially be presented to Frugi by The Lord Lieutenant of Cornwall, Colonel Edward Bolitho, next Wednesday (August 11).

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here