This year’s Excellence in Business Training Awards has officially opened for entries.
Now in their ninth year, the Cornwall College Business-hosted awards attract hundreds of applications from large and small companies across the south west and recognise businesses who invest in their staff.
“The awards are always a fantastic celebration of local business success,” said Sally Foard, director of Cornwall College Business.
“They provide well deserved recognition for companies who have invested in training over the last year and enjoyed measurable benefits. Planning is already well underway for the awards ceremony in January and the judges are ready and waiting for the applications to start coming in.”
The business environment continuously evolves; the Excellence in Business Training Award recognises this and has developed new categories providing businesses and individuals the opportunity to tell their story of success throughout this tough economic climate.
New categories include Young Apprentice of the Year (16-18 years old), Outstanding Commitment to Apprenticeship Small (1-50 employees) and Training Programme of the Year, recognising specialised innovative training and the positive impact this has had on businesses.
Shortlisted nominees are invited to an awards ceremony at The Atlantic Hotel in Newquay on January 29, where the overall winner for each category will be announced.
Enter online by clicking here. The closing date for applications is November 2,
The categories for the awards are:
- Outstanding Commitment to Apprenticeships Small (1-50 employees)
- Outstanding Commitment to Apprenticeships Medium/Large (51+ employees)
- Young Apprentice of the Year (16-18 years old)
- Apprentice of the Year (19+ years old)
- Individual Champion to Staff Development
- Individual Achievement
- Outstanding Commitment to Training Small (1 – 50 employees)
- Outstanding Commitment to Training Medium (51 – 249 employees)
- Outstanding Commitment to Training Large (250+ employees)
- Training Programme of the Year