There is just one week left to nominate your staff or business for the 2015 Excellence in Business Training Awards, hosted by Cornwall College Business.
The closing date for nominations is midnight on Monday, November 10, and all shortlisted businesses will then be invited to an awards ceremony at The Atlantic Hotel Newquay on January 30, where the overall winner for each category will be announced.
Sally Foard, director for adult and employer learning at The Cornwall College Group, said“The Excellence in Business Training Awards showcases businesses and individual’s success who have gone above and beyond what is expected of them in developing new skills and applying them to the business, or have shown measurable improvements in their business performance through training.
“Training should not be seen as a cost, it’s an investment for staff, for a business and for its future, and these awards showcase the commitment and understanding that businesses and individuals have towards the importance of training.”
This year’s awards are supported by Pirate FM and sponsored by: Cornwall Care, Midas Construction, Sapience HR, Cormac Solutions, Unlocking Potential, Cornwall Development Company and Imerys, with Business Cornwall as a media partner.
For more details and to nominate your business, click here.
The categories for the awards are:
- Outstanding Commitment to Apprenticeships
- Apprentice of the Year
- Individual Champion to Staff Development
- Individual Achievement
- Outstanding Commitment to Training Small (1-50 employees)
- Outstanding Commitment to Training Medium (51-149 employees)
- Outstanding Commitment to Training Large (150+ employees)
- Entrepreneur and New Business’ Commitment to Training
- Commitment to Graduate Development
- Commitment to Young People Development