The shortlist has been revealed for this year’s Choose Cornish Awards, which will be presented during next month’s Great Cornish Food Festival.
Initiated by Cornwall Food & Drink and the Cornwall Chamber of Commerce, the Choose Cornish campaign was created in 2012 to blow the trumpet for the “local heroes in the world of Cornish business”.
The awards feature two new categories this year and, according to Cornwall Food & Drink, attracted a record number of entries from a diverse range of businesses.
The Real Cornish Breakfast Award
- St Michael’s B&B (Marazion)
- The Scarlet (Mawgan Porth)
- Woodlands Country House B&B (Padstow)
Best Cornish Business Collaboration Award
- Polgoon Vineyard & Vineyard
- Westcountry Fruit Sales
Truly Cornish Café Trail Award
- Boscastle Farm Shop
- Picnic Cornwall (Falmouth)
- Trevathan Farm Shop & Restaurant (Port Isaac)
Truly Cornish Clotted Cream Tea Award
- Heligan Tearoom & Bakery
- The Waymarker (Constantine)
- Trevallicks Farm Shop & Tea Room (Pensilva)
The Choose Cornish Everyday Award
- Cornish Food Box Company
- Picnic Cornwall
Public Sector Award
- Cornwall Food Production Unit
- Penair School
The Choose Cornish Awards will be presented on September 22 at a ceremony at Nancarrow Farm, just outside Truro.