The achievements of Cornwall’s graduate entrepreneurs were recognised at a ceremony held at the National Maritime Museum in Falmouth on Friday night.
Unlocking Potential celebrated the achievements of 45 graduate entrepreneurs who have started their own businesses in Cornwall in the last two years.
Fifteen new businesses were also nominated across five different award categories in recognition of outstanding performance and results. A sixth award was added as a surprise to the graduates with all 45 of the start-up businesses eligible to win.
List of winners
- Most Inventive Start-Up Award: James Chapman, Chapman Machinery Ltd – Bude (University of Exeter graduate)
- Best Digital Start-Up Award: Phil Radford and Wendy Radford-Gaby, Negys – Helston (Plymouth University graduates)
- Exciting Future Award: Angela Douglas, Hedgerow – Falmouth (Falmouth University graduate)
- Entrepreneur Award: Ben Foster, Foster Filming – Torpoint (Cardiff Metropolitan University graduate)
- Best Start-up: James Huff and Dan Parker, Firetext – Falmouth (York University graduates)
- Additional Award – Start-up Leader of the Year: James Neale, Wise Monkey Media – Rock/Wadebridge (Swansea University graduate).