Eighteen of Cornwall’s most exciting new business talents have been recognised ahead of the inaugural Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) Graduate Business Start-up Celebration Awards.
The awards celebrate the achievements of more than 40 graduate entrepreneurs in Cornwall over the course of their 12 months on the UCP programme.
UCP programme manager Chris Phillips said: “It’s a privilege to have worked with so many innovative and exciting graduate entrepreneurs over the last 12 months.
“Many have gone from working in makeshift offices at home to setting up in their own premises and taking on employees. I’m confident that with this injection of ambition and talent, the Cornish economy is in very safe hands indeed.”
The winners will be announced at a black tie awards ceremony at The Princess Pavilion in Falmouth on October 14 2011.
Exciting Future Award:
- Maren Hallenga, Coppafeel
- Eleanor Bell, Eleanor Bell Design
- Andy Heald and James Mansfield, Green Exchange Network Ltd
- Emily Anderson, Sideways Collective
Most Innovative Start Up:
- Peter McCann-Downes, Cornwall Geo-environmental Ltd
- James Williams, Keebunga
- Mark Robinson, Möbius
Best Digital Start Up:
- Fergus Muller and Rose Robinson, Ki Design
- Ryan McFarlane, Liminal
- Michel Poynter, Mish Lingerie
- Mark Grice, Redfuse
Entrepreneur of the Year:
- Hugo Bugg, Hugo Bugg Landscapes
- Craig May, Keep It Cornish
- Alistair Graham, Studio Public
- Jess Billington, Treatalady
Graduate Start Up of the Year:
- Tom Telford, 3WhiteHats
- Andrew Weaver, Live Events South West
- Jane Jiwa, Smart Savings