Judges have revealed the shortlist for the Excellence in Business Training Awards 2010.
The awards, hosted by Cornwall College Business (CCB), will be presented at a ceremony at Newquay’s Headland Hotel on January 28.
- The companies shortlisted for the nine categories include: Mill Autoquip, Princess Yachts, Terry Harris & Sons (Apprenticeship excellence award)
- Serco, St Michaels Hotel & Spa, Tulip Foods (Commitment to environmental management)
- Cornwall Care, Cornwall Farmers, TRAC Services (Commitment to staff development)
- Finisterre, MPAD, TRAC Services (Graduate development award)
- Debbie Luffman – Finisterre, Kathryn Billing – Cornwall Fire & Rescue, Ryan Smedley – Chough Bakery (Individual achievement award)
- Alan Thomas – Peter Brothers, Kim Stephenson – Winter Rule, Liam Chinn – Fit ‘ n ‘ Fun Kids (Outstanding achievement of an apprentice)
- Cornwall Farmers, Serco, TJ International (Outstanding commitment to training)
- Advanced Smith Metals, Flying Start, Marbel (Outstanding commitment to training (SME))
- Cornwall Farmers, Flying Start, Pall (Training that has made a significant business impact)
The winner from each category will also be entered into the overall award to compete for the title of Business Excellence Training Award 2010.