The winners have been announced for this year’s Cornwall Works WISE Awards.
The awards, which were presented this afternoon (July 2) at the Headland Hotel in Newquay, are an annual celebration recognising excellence in employment and skills activity and innovation in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Michael Rabone, HR manager of the Seafood Restaurant, was one of the judges. He said: “Today the Cornwall Works WISE Awards have given us the chance to celebrate the people and organisations who have made a real difference to jobs and skills across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
“Growing our people is key to growing our business and job opportunities throughout the economy.”
- Welfare to work – individual: Anthony Austin
- Welfare to work – organisation/group: Care360 Care Leavers Group
- Innovation – individual: Peter McCann-Downes (based in Tremough Innovation Centre)
- Innovation – group/organisation: Mining Searches UK
- Skills – Individual: Susan England
- Skills – Group/Organisation: Stand Out from the Crowd Project (Unlocking Potential)
- Employers Committed to Welfare to Work: Portreath Plastering
- Employer committed to Skills in the Workplace: Cornwall Voluntary Sector Forum