The woman behind a free-range egg brand that’s taking supermarkets by storm has been named Cornwall’s Farmer of the Year.
Rebecca Tonks, who runs St Ewe Free Range Eggs based at Tregony with her parents Richard and Christine, also won the title of Best Woman in Farming at the Cornwall Farm Business Awards.
Sponsored by Coodes Solicitors and organised by farming charity the Addington Fund, the awards recognised and celebrate Cornwall’s diverse and resilient agricultural industry.
More than 200 farmers and agricultural specialists gathered at the Pavilion Centre at the Royal Cornwall Showground for the winners to be unveiled.
- Best Dairy Farmer – Neville Morrow (Laddock)
- Best Woman in Farming – Rebecca Tonks (St Ewe Eggs, Ventonwyn Farm, Tregony)
- Best Commercial Farmer – Jonathan Cole, Trebartha Barton, (Launceston)
- Best Farm Processor – David Buscombe (Cornish Mill and Bakehouse – St Newlyn East)
- Farming Champion – Peter Hall (Western Morning News)
- Best Farm Diversification – James Mutton (St Mabyn)
- Best Young Farmer – Nathan Pryor (Stithians)
- Cornwall’s Farmer of the Year – Rebecca Tonks (St Ewe Eggs, Ventonwyn Farm, Tregony)