Senior Operations Manager
Full time, £47000pa plus benefits.
The Learning Partnership for Cornwall and Isles of Scilly (LPCo) are on a mission to improve the lives of young people in our communities by offering a range of accessible services including training and development opportunities.
Our organisation is complex but successful, and we are seeking a Senior Operations Manager to facilitate our journey to even greater success.
This role will be key in delivering efficient, effective support to the whole LPCo team, enabling them to deliver great services to our community.
The successful candidate will have a range of experience in similar roles, with good finance knowledge, including ESFA and other funding structures, and a proven track record for building effective teams through positive performance development. You will have a strong understanding of safeguarding responsibilities, and a keen accountability for compliance and reporting.
If this sounds like your ideal role, then you could be our ideal candidate.
You will be:
At least degree-level qualified, an excellent communicator, motivational, flexible, positive, a talented multi-tasker and happy to think on your feet.
You will foster discretion and integrity in all areas of your work, and provide a positive role model for team members in treating learners, colleagues and partners with
respect and dignity at all times.
If this is you, then email us now to request an application pack:
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: ESFA Programme Staff, including Programme and Development Manager, and Programme Administrator – building the team with new contracts
Working Contacts: Primary: CEO, Mainstream Programme Development Manager, Senor Contract Managers. Secondary: Administration Teams
Location: Redruth Office, travel to locations in Cornwall as necessary
Hours of work: Full Time
- To oversee staffing structure and day-to-day office management across the company, with specific responsibility for ESFA Mainstream Contracts.
- Manage the ESFA contracts and ensure all requirements are met including those of Ofsted.
- Develop mainstream provision (alongside Programme Development Manager) in line with future growth strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Manage mainstream team through operational implementation and delivery.
- Update and report to CEO and Board with ESFA and Ofsted compliance monitoring reports.
- Ensure SAR, QIP updated in a timely manner as per quality policy and report updates to CEO and Board.
- Revision and up-dating of ESFA company policies/procedures/requirements.
- Compliance, including recruitment, keeping of appropriate personnel records, meeting legislation, supporting line managers with their supervision roles.
- Ensure Safeguarding, Prevent and Equality and Diversity policies and processes are monitored and updated in line with current regulations.
- Undertake other duties, commensurate with the grade, in relation to a post of this nature.
- To be aware of legislation and responsibilities around safeguarding. Reporting any concerns to the appropriate designated person
Person Specification: Senior Operations Manager
|Identified by applications form, interview and testing. Evidence must be provided for all qualifications mentioned in application.|
· Strong financial and operational management background
· Experience of managing staff, including developing appropriate staffing structures and the day-to-day management of a diverse team.
Experience in any of the following:
· Ofsted requirements including quality/processes.
· Programme development (especially ESFA).
· Supporting unemployed people back to work.
· Supporting young people.
· Workforce development.
· Project management.
· Change management.
|Qualifications||· Degree or equivalent|
|Abilities, Skills||· Good verbal communication and negotiation skills.
· Written communication/preparation of reports.
· Self-starter and problem solver.
· Ability to motivate staff and build teams.
· Ability to manage projects from initial groundwork to delivery.
· Time management/meeting deadlines.
· Microsoft Office skills.
|Disposition, Attitude, Motivation||· Team player and clear communicator
· Integrity and discretion in dealing with confidential information
· Organised and methodical approach to workload whilst being able to be flexible as required by circumstances
· Customer service approach towards colleagues, partners, regulators and clients
All staff and post holders have a duty for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners. Staff must be aware of the Company procedures for raising concerns about learners’ welfare and must report any concern to the designated officers without delay. Staff must also ensure that they attend the appropriate level of safeguarding training identified by the company as relevant to their role. The post holder’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy, and the post holder must take reasonable care of the health and safety of self, other persons and resources whilst at work. This entails supporting the Company’s responsibilities under the Health and Safety Act. All staff are expected to support the achievement of the Company’s mission and strategic objectives and to demonstrate its values through their behaviour.