Salary/Rate: £37,500 – £39,480/annum Pension
Konnect is recruiting a Business Konnector, to work as part of their new and exciting service, The Business Konnector (BK) project.
This project will provide an important focal point for eligible businesses across the county, determining employment and skills options and support for businesses through a dedicated small team based across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Our goal is to support over 90 businesses with pre and post-employment and skills support through the duration of the project, via the design and delivery of a social recruitment agency, which is a service not currently provided at Konnect Communities. The development of a social recruitment agency is a key part of the progression of Konnect Communities into the world of business support.
This project is part-funded by the European Regional Develepmont Fund (ERDF), with investment from Cornwall Council, the project will involve the design and delivery of a social recruitment agency, which is a service not currently provided at Konnect Communities CIC.
The role will be home based with access to Konnects admin hub in Redruth and will necessitate travel accross Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage the day-to-day delivery of Business Konnector (BK) ERDF project. This includes coordinating internal resources and working with stakeholders to deliver the outcomes set out in the ERDF contract. Deliver results on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Work collaboratively with the Business Mentor, Business Consultant and Senior Project Support to engage with the business communities, stakeholders and referral agents and deliver pre and post-employment and skills support through the duration of the project, via the design and delivery of a social recruitment agency.
- Pro-actively recruit eligible businesses onto the project, scope out their recruitment and support needs, therefore developing local employment opportunities.
- Enhance Konnect’s presence within the business community of Cornwall and the IOS, be aware of employment and skills policies and opportunities both locally and regionally by engaging with key stakeholders.
- As a team leader (for the BK project), you will coordinate people and processes to ensure that the project is delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organisation and timeline.
- As part of the BK project team, over the term of the project develop a sustainable BK service that follows the loss of European funding and will enhance the viability of Konnect Communities.
- Carry out other relevant duties appropriate to this role in the organisation and tasks as directed by the Management.
- Be prepared to work in other locations within the organisation as required.
- You will ultimately be responsible for the accurate completion of all paperwork that must be submitted to the funder in the agreed timescales.
- Work to the targets and Key Performance indicators as defined by the Management Team.
- Uphold and work to the standards, policies and procedures as set out within the Konnect Employees Handbook ensuring compliance at all times.
- You should have a background in business skills, leadership, budgeting and analysis. You should be an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks. You also need to be a team player and have a problem-solving aptitude.
- Develop and maintain good relations with local external stakeholders and other contacts.
- Contribute to ensuring a safe working environment where risk management and safety are of the highest importance, and to ensure all safeguarding processes are in places to ensure clients and workers are safeguarded from harm and abuse. You should uphold and implement Konnect’s policy in managing the risk to colleagues and clients of Covid
- To actively and positively promote Konnect Communities CIC, its vision and values at all times…
This vacancy will close to applicants on 17 May 2021.