Beachside Holiday Park is looking for an Office Manager
Job Type: Permanent (average 37.5 hours per week)
Start date: ASAP
Reporting To: General Manager
This new role offers a varied mixture of tasks, including finance and accounting administration, HR, seasonal staff recruitment and health & safety documentation.
Your role will include assisting the directors with a variety of financial tasks including monthly purchase ledger processing, seasonal employee payroll, management accounts, cashflows and regular annual/quarterly/monthly business reporting. Also assisting with regular data analysis, KPIs and business analytics to monitor customer experience, quality, improve profitability and business development.
You will also be required to co-ordinate the recruitment of seasonal staff, including placing adverts, managing applications and interviewing candidates. During the open season, your role will also include the induction, training and rota management of seasonal staff. During the winter season, you may also be required to assist in various project management tasks.
During busy times you will be required to support the reception/bookings team, greeting guests on arrival and checking in customers, as well as dealing with customer questions and enquiries by telephone or in person.
This job is a unique opportunity to work in a lively environment, meeting a wide variety of customers, ensuring they enjoy their well-earned holiday, therefore excellent customer service and inter-personal skills are required. You must be able to take direction and work in close conjunction with Beachside’s management team. This role will include working weekends and bank holidays during the open season.
This role will be on an annualised hours contract, so the weekly hours will vary depending on the time of year and demands of the job role. This could vary between 25 hours per week during the winter and 45 hours per week during the summer, reflecting the seasonal nature of the business. Flexibility is therefore important for us during the open season, and in return we can offer flexibility during the winter.
For the right candidate, this exciting role has the potential to evolve as the business grows. Training will be given, and all applications will be treated in confidence.
- Must have proven experience in an office admin role, including finance and HR experience
- Be confident and have experience in using computer-based accounting systems, email and Microsoft Office
- Must be familiar with working according to health and safety, GDPR and business confidentiality procedures
- Self-motivated, with ability to work accurately and to a high standard and complete routine tasks in a timely manner
- Have strong numerical, verbal and written communication skills
- Organisational and leadership skills, with a strong team ethos
- Must be enthusiastic and outgoing, have excellent customer communication skills and be confident in dealing with staff and customers face-to-face
- Ability to work as part of a small team or on your own, with accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Have proven experience of accurate cash-handling and reporting on a daily basis
- Proven experience working safely within Health & Safety guidelines
- Willingness to work flexibly in line with the demands of the business
- Previous experience working in a customer service or hospitality environment
- Previous experience working in a small management team
- Be competent managing other members of staff
- Have experience in carrying out risk assessments and contributing to company policies and procedures
- Relevant finance/accounting qualification
- Relevant HR qualification
- Relevant Health & Safety / First Aid at Work qualification
- Full UK driving licence
Beachside Holiday Park is a family-run business and has specialised in providing holidays exclusively for families for over 50 years. We offer a wide range of holiday accommodation along with touring and camping pitches, right beside the beach in St Ives Bay. The park is open from Easter to the end of October each year.
We are committed to continual improvement and excellent levels of customer service, aiming to exceed our customers’ expectations during their well-earned holiday. We expect the same level of commitment from our staff.
Please email applications to: email@example.com
Beachside Holiday Park’s operations are and will continue to be Covid-19 secure for both staff and customers. We have gained the VisitEngland ‘Good to Go’ accreditation.
This Job Description sets out current duties of the post that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.