When the country entered lockdown, Cornwall Council’s Business Regulatory Support (BRS) team understood the impact this would have on local businesses. The BRS team wanted to ensure that the most up to date regulatory advice and legislation was easily available to the business community.
The officers produced guidance covering:
- Food delivery
- Fire safety
- Trading standards advice covering refunds and cancellations
- A comprehensive Back in Business Guide
These are all available to the business community free of charge via the BRS website.
As the lockdown restrictions eased, the BRS team in partnership with Visit Cornwall and Cornwall Fire and Rescue hosted a series of webinars for sectors including:
- Office businesses
- Food businesses
- Retail businesses and market traders
- Holiday accommodation / tourism
- Hairdressing, beauty & tattoo parlours
- Gyms, fitness centres and dance studios
- Pubs and restaurants
More than 1800 business owners attended these webinars; they were provided with the latest advice and were able to put questions to the expert panel. The webinars covered a range of regulatory topics relating to coronavirus safety, fire, health & safety, terms and conditions and food safety.
The BRS Team with the support of Rob Nolan (Cabinet Member for Environment and Public Protection) have produced this short video to remind locals and visitors of some of the key safety messages.
Please remember If you are visiting a town, beach or beauty spot, be sure to:
- Try and stay 2 metres away from others.
- Wear a face covering in shops enclosed spaces and on public transport.
- Use hand sanitiser.
- Avoid queues and crowded areas.
Businesses wanting more information on reopening and advice in meeting the new legal requirements can find information at www.businessregulatorysupport.co.uk/recovery or by contacting the BRS team email@example.com.