The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme is the European economic regeneration programme for the region. Running from 2014-2020, this programme of European funding builds on the previous Objective One and Convergence Programmes.
The region has a Growth Programme allocation of over €600 million and it is made up of three funding streams:
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) has an allocation of €438 million. ERDF will deliver the Programme’s priorities to support smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. This will include allocating funding to promote research and innovation, supporting a shift to a low carbon economy and providing business support including through the Growth Hub.
European Social Fund (ESF) has an allocation of €166 million. The ESF priorities are to increase labour market participation, promote social inclusion and develop the skills of the potential and existing workforce.
European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) is part of a wider Rural Development Plan. £10 million is available which will align with the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme. EAFRD will prioritise investments in agri tech, renewable energy storage, supply chain development and business grants to help businesses to add value to primary agricultural and forestry products. The funding available through the Growth Programme is accessed through a series of calls. A call is an open invitation for applicants to submit bids against a published specification. Current calls include:
• SME support for the creative industries (deadline 12.2.16)
• Enhancing access to, and use and quality of, Information and Communications Technology in the region (deadline 31.3.16)
• Promoting research and innovation in the region (deadline 29.2.16). Calls for access to skills and training will also be going live over the coming months.
Details of all calls can be found at www.gov.uk/european-structural-investment-funds
A Board made up of a broad range of public, private and voluntary sector organisations provides local input to these funding streams. Collectively, their role is to agree the strategy and advise the Managing Authorities.
To keep informed of the latest developments in the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme:
• Visit the Growth Programme website www.erdfconvergence.org.uk/growthprogramme
• Subscribe to the Growth Programme newsletter via the website
• Contact the Communications team
e firstname.lastname@example.org t: 01872 241379